* Switching to a Points Program for downloads, and then instead of 25 downloads/month it would be 25 download credits a month. Then those credits could be something people could earn via an affiliate program. For example, a point per referral or a point per social media share. Even possible to implement a maximum bonus points per month.
* A link to alert an admin when an update is needed or a download has an available update. REPORT button.
* More transparency when signing up that there is a monthly limit on free memberships.
* More highlight of the benefits of paid memberships, for example, daily download limits.
* Maybe a FORUM for paid members to legally share their own GPL or open licences items- or a member uploads area with no site guarantee. And then maybe even have a report link so if a file is not valid or nulled in some way, it can also be REPORTED (which could penalize the member.)
* Allowing Member submitted script modifications and tutorials. For example, via guest blogging or a forum for script mods.
* Joint licencing, where members could joint fund a request.
* A way to alert members in their account when a download they’ve downloaded has an update.
* Rollback versions of updated plugins (in case the update is buggy)
Omi, lots of really good ideas! Thanks for that and I am sure a lot of people in the community would appreciate quite a number of these to have them realized at GPLDL.
I can also confirm that we are already working on some of them to be realized. Some others are more challenging to be realized technically and legally.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.